Hello I am the “Happy Pilgrim.” I have been newly invited to write for the Intuitive Observer – in the company of many other talented writers, breathing wisdom through their souls.
I call myself the “Happy Pilgrim” based on one of my female heroines, Peace Pilgrim. If you don’t know who she is I highly suggest looking into her story. What she models for me is bravery and courage. Once she received her life calling, she took several years to prepare. Then when she was ready to set foot on her path, she never looked back. Her eyes were focused on where her journey was taking her. 25 years of walking for Peace shows some amazing dedication. When the world around her was not always in agreement of her life choices she marched on.
I cannot be the Peace Pilgrim – because I am me! I am a different energy with my own unique mission. What I do have in common with Peace Pilgrim is a resonance to her definition of the word: pilgrim, which she described as, “a wanderer with a purpose.” When I finally claimed this as who I am, my entire life made sense, and I could see how every road I was guided to take had a meaning.
As for my slogan of being the “Happy Pilgrim”, I am. This happiness has a lot to do with learning how to balance my energy. Many years ago I found myself going through highs and lows – loving the highs and not loving the lows. I asked to live my life in balance yet I had no idea how to go about doing that. I gained that ability after spending 2.5 years living in Sedona, Arizona.
Being inundated with the earth vortex energy at a high rate daily – caused many things to come up quickly for me which resulted in many healing crisis’ followed by waves of peace. A year and a half into my stay I met a woman named Mataji from the Whole Life Yoga center ashram. After getting to know her and experiencing her peaceful energy I enlisted in her courses of Psychic Healing and Pranayama Yoga, as taught by her Guru Swami Kailashananda.
The one week intensive yoga class totally shifted my life and I began the daily practices. The Psychic Healing classes opened my mind to new concepts of thought balancing my mental state for renewed clarity. I was now aware of how I needed to change my lifestyle to function optimally in this world.
Here are a few things I learned about balancing my energy for overall peace and happiness.
- The first breath technique I was given by Mataji and is useful for all people is called: THE CALMING BREATH. It is very easy to do and very quickly can shift you out of stress and into a more peaceful energy. It is recommended at least 3 repetitions per sitting while keeping your inward gaze focused at the third eye.
INHALE – count for 8
HOLD – count for 4
EXHALE – count for 8
- The second thing you can do to understand your energy is to continuously step back from your life and watch it like you are watching a movie. As an example if you are in an emotionally taxing discussion with someone see if you can step out of your body and watch the top of your heads as if you are floating above and just breathe. This way you don’t have to get into sticky, heavy energy. When you are ready to come back in and re-engage, you will have fresh thoughts that will most likely shift the conversation into a more peaceful flow.
- When things are not working, step away. Perhaps you are trying to download something and you really want to get it done now because that is what YOU want but the technology is saying something different. Take a break, go for a walk, otherwise your energy will drop and so will your mood. A very important tool to help you with this is to ask your guides/ higher self to make you increasingly aware of when it is time to walk away.
- Understand that sometimes – it is not about you. The world, constellations, planets rotating, moon changing cycles, is just making the day feel blah. Understand that it is one of those days and know that when you see the sun tomorrow it is going to be a better day. If you can take the day off work, maybe go to the park or go to bed early that night. It is simply a sign that it is a day of hibernation and regeneration for you. Things are always in change. You become a wiser master of your energy when you can roll with the waves without becoming overly emotional.
- Lastly know this: it does not matter what anyone else thinks about who you are, it only matters what you think about yourself. I often advise my clients to be cautious of the labels others place upon them, because we can get caught in projections if we are not aware of our energy. If someone says something negatively about your character, always check in to see if there is any truth to that. When people speak, quite often they are speaking about or to Just as I am writing all this down today, I am being reminded of how I need to also stay conscious of my own energy. It is like brushing your teeth you do it every day – same thing goes for paying attention to your energetic field. Make the conscious choice to have a ‘Peaceful’ mind and ‘Happy’ disposition and that is what you will have. It may take a little time before you are experiencing this on a regular daily basis, yet if you stay committed to mastering your energy – than you will.
~ Happy Pilgrim ~
My next article will be a continued flow of thoughts from this one, based on some helpful hints: How to achieve balance working as a self-employed entrepreneur.